*** TAKE ACTION: WRITE TO OXFORD UNIVERSITY TODAY! ***
Write to Oxford University Vice Chancellor Andrew Hamilton, to urge the University to now step forward of their own volition and offer as a minimum the mitigation Option 3.
· Urge him to bring forward to the Council’s planning committee nothing less than Option 3.
· Encourage him to now do the right thing, rather than have the University further damage its standing in the city by waiting to be dragged reluctantly to the same end by the City Council.
Copy and paste these addresses to send your email to these Oxford University Officers
Andrew Hamilton, Vice Chancellor
Margaret Ounsley, Head of Government and Community Relations
Carolyn Puddicombe, Director of Asset Management, Estates Services
Nick Brown, Pro-Vice Chancellor and Chair of Buildings and Estates Committee
The context to writing the Andrew Hamilton now is:
· A record number of comments submitted as part of the public consultation. 95% favour Option 3 – taking one floor off to mitigate the harm to 16 damaged heritage landscapes.
· The City Council’s own independent review of the EIA is unconvinced by the University’s case for Option 1, and by its argument for socio-economic public benefit of not reducing the buildings’ height.
· Several expert reports submitted that question the accuracy and conclusions of the EIA
· The University’s own Congregation will debate a resolution calling for Option 3 to be implemented, after 66 professors express concern at the damage to the University’s reputation, as well as to Port Meadow.
In light of that, Oxford University has the opportunity to do the right thing and win back the goodwill of the city by accepting it got this wrong and taking the initiative to put it right.
Peaceful Demonstration this Friday 20 September 6pm
Examination School, High Street.
There was an Oxford University reception for Alumni to kick-off the University’s Alumni Weekend. Vice-Chancellor Andrew Hamilton and Lord Patten will be there.
So were we.
Andrew Hamilton scuttled in very late , head down pushing a woman out of the way in a his rush not to be recognised . At least Patten spoke to us… but said he was “powerless” .
Nicola Blackwood – email@example.com – MP for Ox West & Abingdon
Bob Price – firstname.lastname@example.org – Leader of the Council
John Howson – email@example.com – St Margaret’s
Jean Fooks – Jean.Fooks@Oxfordshire.gov.uk – Wolvercote & Summertown
Susanna Pressel – SPressel@oxford.gov.uk – Jericho & Osney. County Councillor for West Central Oxford
Email us for more info’ or for any offers of help firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a poster and put in a window, whether it’s your house or car or both
We launched “Save Portmeadow Beer ” brewed by Compass Brewery. A large proportion of the sale proceeds went to our campaign legal fund.
The Beer was available in many pubs in Oxford.
Pubs that stocked it wereThe Gardners Arms, Plantation Road, Jericho The Rose and Crown , North Parade The White Hart, Wolvercote The Perch, Binsey The Harcourt Arms, Jericho